I was brought up by my dad watching a lot of sports, and specific teams. The main sports teams I love in the Bay are: The Warriors, The Niners, The Golden Bears, and The Athletics. I remember details and certain memories from each of these teams at a young age, and makes me think I should write a whole nother post just about that.
But I remember Cal teams as early as 90, 91, with the Sean Dawkins at receiver, and Russell White being the stud out of the backfield. They've been engrained in my fandom, and in recent years, Cal has always been touted as the team that could possibly end USC's domination in the Pac-10, but falters at some point, and lets Nate Longshore (who in my opinion was the man for the way he handled all his criticism), put his William H. Macy "Cooler" type play hit the field. It sounds like a recording of consecutive years past, but I feel like this is the year they do it, and with the opener this Saturday on national tv on espn I can no longer contain my excitement. The reason is: we have the best playmaker in college, the most explosive player in college, and the greatest threat to take it to the house on any given play in college, the Bay's own, Jahvid Best.



Check out his highlight reel, and Cal Bear fan or not, you'll love him, and you'd be excited to watch him play anyday. He also had a quote recently that I think he's actually going to live up to this year, "I think I'm better in the video game than I am in real life, I break tons of tackles in that video game. I have to step up my game to be the video game Jahvid this year."
I LOVE IT!

1 comments:

jHust said...

ROSE BOWL son!!!