I'm starting tomorrow my first full day as Roadtrip Director.
Pretty nervous, but feeling infinitely blessed for the opportunity.
I really plan on building the position and the things we do within it.
I want every person who's in search of their voice to have an outlet with us.
Here's to new opportunities and paying it forward!

Also, this is my zine submission that I just sent, that will be put together called Tangerina. The theme was "Be Honest With Yourself. Tell The Story In Moments". Check it out. night. P.L.P!

No stress awakening,

Still relaxed from the previous evening’s celebration

Shirtless in shorts, I shake off the cobwebs

Pace across the catwalk over to your room.

Today’s the day you leave again for Tijuana.

That clinic’s giving us our last clinging hope.

Time’s ticking

I’m praying with a heightened faith I’ve never really experienced before.

This is the visit, This is the one, This is the turning point

You’ll be reinvigorated, You’ll be brought back to the work still left unfinished.

You take my arm, I take you downstairs,

Assisted step by step til we get you in the Backyard.

You remind me of the vitamins of the sun,

Your simple pure gratitude can’t be more powerful

And more different than the language your frail body speaks.

We watch football, and you come in and out,

But in it enough to hi five a score for the underdog.

I encourage you to just get a couple bites down,

Spoonfuls of lettuce wrap filling,

With a kiss for Ate and I, Mom’s watching on, sun peering in at her back

Mundane to the untrained eye

But profound to mine, seared onto my mind’s eye

Cause today, there would be no Mexico,

Just a realization…

If your spirit proves to be far greater than that of your physical

Is it fair to still keep you here when you have higher work?

So we say our goodbyes,

20 of us gathered in the living room now

Your vision blacked out, your consciousness sporadic,

But your triumph is near.

You rise on your own, lifted by some grace

You gaze panoramically at your family assembled,

And breathe in its essence, refreshing you to a peaceful resignation.

We call the ambulance

For maybe we just might be able to hold on for awhile longer.

I trail the ambulance,

my mind failing to grasp the stark reality.

Into the emergency they say it’s only low sugar,

But I see a different story,

It’s begun.

Code Blue, Code Blue, Code Blue.

The eternity encased within those minutes

Exponentially more excruciating,

Then any moment that’s ever hung within my balance

But it came: “Who want’s to call it?”

Then silence and worry, turned to static, the onset

A rush of emotion with no equal I have ever met,

Emergency room wailing, ripped from the movies.

But time has passed now

Hindsight viewed clearly through the rearview, your higher purpose now being met.

Just know that every lesson you’ve pounded and reiterated

Is engrained, and I carry it with the greatest honor.

My life forever forged on the path for this certain greatness you believed possible for myself, I will carry it on just like you said, Dad, I will carry on your dream to inspire. Love you, and I’ll see you soon enough.