its been 5 months and a day since Dad had to take the route home upstairs, I still have a hard time fathoming that all this time has passed and the changes that have happened to all of us that loved him so much. I always thought before that when you lose a loved one as time goes by, everything slowly fades, but for me now, this final wonderful, empowering, loving image of Dad is imprinted upon my mind, the collective acts of his unconditional, unselfish love, the unimaginable bravery he had in the face of death, his smile, the last kiss he gave me while i fed him as we watched football that January 18th. It all swirls together into his legacy, and truly shows me the characteristics and make up of my biggest hero.

Without a doubt he's been looking out for me, first with the roadie tour, now hooking me up with being able to be at Roadtrip full time. No words to put it how it makes me feel to be doing work now that can fulfill those words Dad told me on his bed just a couple days before he had to go, "My dream has always been to inspire, if I can't go on to do that I want you to finish it." nuff said. Miss you Dad, and miss your fighting spirit, but it's been transferred into so many peeps you affected now, and with you guiding me, I'll make sure I take the road less travelled, and use my blessings to give others some hope and liggity love. Peace.Positivity.Love


0 comments: