I'm getting ready to leave in an hour for the airport, but in this past weekend not even being in New Zealand yet, but just hanging out with the whole Road Trip Fam I've already learned sooo much. I feel so compelled by the people that i've met there. Their stories and journeys in a way have reached a level of courage and undeniable self belief that I am hoping to receive from interviewing and documenting leaders, and taking in the culture of New Zealand. I've heard of people roadtripping and not showering for nine days, and not washing their clothes, but being ultimately happy in finding the insights and rewards of their arduous journeys. I've heard of people quitting steady salaried jobs and leaving behind everything familiar to travel the world by themselves for 9 months, working as migrant fruit pickers in New Zealand and Australia. I've heard of people that worked on oil riggs just to earn money to travel and see the world. Right now someone from road trip bought a bike and a plane ticket and decided he was going to bike from Canada to Southern California.

I'm not saying give up everything and find a new life, but i'm definitely imploring you to be able to find something that drives you. Be able at the end of the night before you go to sleep, to tell yourself what you are passionate about, and have something to dream for, and pursue it in some aspect. Do it on the side, do it at night after work, do it on the weekends. But don't fall into a life of living by system put into place that seems way more convenient and beneficial to others than yourself. Please don't ever allow yourself to become a "slave to a function". Do something that takes you as a whole person to be successful at, don't become a monotonous task. Do research, find information, educate yourself, take baby steps, take chances, fail, make mistakes, but never lose that drive, and in the end i guarantee you, you'll amaze yourself, and you'll by far have surpassed any bar that you might have set for yourself. You'll not only have bettered yourself, but you'll inspire countless others as well in that process, some you know, some you won't, and in that regard, anyone can be a one person movement! We're losin a day on the flight so until the 25th! Love, Peace, and a whole lot of OOOOOOOHWEEEEEEEE!-Ray

2 comments:

12FV, RFV said...

baby steps man!

im so glad to be apart of your life.

I will always think of what you always say- we will meet again at the end of the road, in full circle. all of our talents ablaze...

Anonymous said...

Ray! I just found your blog. This entry really spoke to me because my mind has been thinking about these exact things.I have come to some of these same conclusions in the past three months about what I am passionate about. ive been thinking a lot about following my dreams and taking risks at this time in my life. Ill tell you more about it later but reading this one was crazy for me. I hope your trip has been amazing so far and will continue to get better. I hope you are learning, growing, and helping others which you always seem to do along the way.

xoxo
zeez