Whats up everybody,

I have just an update to give you guys, don't have too much time, but def wanted to drop a little line. Still no pics, but in the next two days that'll happen, as I''ll be uploading all my stuff for my Tourism NZ blog, and i can show you everything that I'm talking about. But today we took the camper van and started painting it green and blue to make it Road Trip Nation ready! We got most of it done, but we'll finish tomorrow.

After, Tourism NZ straight took care of us like crazy, definitely a blessing, and something the five of us are all thankful for. Sam and Tim from Tourism NZ picked us up, and then they took us to a spot called burger fuel, and man, it was the shiznit! I had a ford freakout, a ginormous burger with avocado bacon and the fixins! While i was in the bathroom i saw an ad for Burger Fuel, and it was making fun of the whole Hugh Grant prostitute incident years ago, and I thought to myself that would never fly in the U.S. It's funny, the one thing you notice in New Zealand is how liberal so many things are, and you'll see what i mean when i post my pics, but I love it. Everything that could be considered offensive, people here just decide to pass it off as funny, and they don't make a big deal out of it. But it's something that opens my eyes, that in the U.S, straight up we are just a bit too uptight, and just need to relax a little sometimes with escalating innocent things and trying to make them huge issues when they're not.

But anyways, after that Sam and Tim took us up to ATVing. I have some video and this was in one word: RIDONKULISTIC!!!! We rode in the middle of a storm, hitting crazy puddles through a forest that look like something out of lord of the rings and I was looking around for Orcs. After the forest we rode upward over a hill and when we cleared the hill it was a black sand beach with some of the roughest tides i've ever seen, it sorta looked like it was gettting ready to swallow us. Then we made it to a lookout point high above everything, and then that was when i realized i really didn''t deserve all this, but i'm just gonna keep on being thankful and soaking it in!

So tomorrow, Tourism NZ set us up and we're just gonna take in the Maori culture. We'll be watching someone getting a traditional Moko, the facial tatos that you see on the Maori, and i guess its a rare thing to see that so def another big thanks to the man upstairs. After that we'll be watching some performances, and chillin with the locals! I'll stop rambling now and just be back when i've got some pics to post up!

GOD BLESS!!!!!- Ray

2 comments:

ma said...

sickkkk
haha i don't have anything else to say
:) :)

Phil said...

yo get some pix up!!! esp the ATV-ing in the storm!