I've always pondered about the whole MMA versus Boxing discussion and which is a better form of fighting, or who would kick who's butt. I love boxing and it's something my dad raised us up watching, and I am now even more passionate with Pacman's MJ like revolutionizing of it's importance to Filipinos abroad and even mainstream audiences. But I do believe that MMA is in practical use of fighting and self defense is far more effective than boxing because of it's diverse ways to attack and being able to take things to the ground if need be. Yet with that being said I still don't find it as exhilarating, and as beautiful as the sweet science when it is practiced with perfect rhythm and flow(i.e -Pacman). If you're wondering how MMA fighters would do as boxers, check out Anderson Silva sparring at Wilcard Gym, and by the looks of it this guy is a world class boxer, with his movement, combinations, and footwork.

via - nowboxing.com

1 comments:

jHust said...

watching freddie roach w/ anderson silva reminds me why silva is my favorite mma fighter right now.... along w/ lyoto