It's been almost a week and 7 months since Dad passed away, and not ever a day or even a good part of my day ever passes without me thinking about Pops and everything I miss about him, but over time, I have tried my best to turn into a positive motivation for me to step it up and try to reach things I wouldn't have been able to had I not had to go home and for those months and see Pop's live his final but without a doubt finest days.

But talking today with Mom, I still see how no matter how deep my sense of loss it will never ever compare to the lonliness Mom feels on the daily. She really does feel that a piece of her is gone, and she understands the reality of it, and the fact that no matter how much she just wants the piece of mind of having Dad's presence in the other room, or someone to sleep next to she can't.

because of those things I feel guilty. I feel guilty for feeling like I'm striving and feeling everything but lonliness these days, but I know it is something I try to avoid as much as possible, something that I fear now that I feel like will be inevitable and comes with age. But I am blessed to have some of the most supportive and uplifting people around me, that keep me focused on the goals ahead and the solidarity they show in knowing that I can accomplish. Maybe in time I can find the answers or a solution so that she no longer feels her loss with such enormous magnitude. But at times I know that it just might never be, because their love was of the truest and purest kind I've know or been witness to, and I have to find my comfort in the beauty of that fact.

1 comments:

omabu said...

i think you said it in that last line. i am sorry for your loss, but you carry His name, hopes, and legacy with you now. where He left off, you are taking over and i know that your life successes will be attributed to that. i know your Mom sees this and you help fill that void She has.

in your words, pLp brotha