I was just thinking a bit today again what I wanna do with my life and how my dream of honestly and simply changing the world, use to seem so far off, and cliche, and a bit too dreamer. But in the things I have learned in the past months, I see now more than ever anything our generation chooses to believe and act upon can be done, it's no longer a time when having a grand vision will only stay that. With Barack Obama coming in, i truly feel in my heart of hearts that it it in a way a changing of the guard, a passing of the torch to a new generation, and subscribing to a new and optimistic way of thinking. I believe the haven for big thinking and idealistic living will be supported more and more, and I can see the linings of that change coming.

Simply taking into account the vast leaps and bounds technology has taken in the past decade, the options and avenues for one to find themself a niche and passion has multiplied exponentially. It's no longer the days of mom and pop's generation, where you had a few sectors of occupations you could go into, and be considered "successful" or "safe and stable". If there's something you love out there, and you're willing to chase it, there are people out there that feel the sames, and technology these days allows you to find and connect to those people. It's out there, and I believe the time is now. As an interview in New Zealand conveyed to me once,

You just have to project yourself out to the universe with positivity, and projecting your actions towards the causes you believe in and are passionate about. In doing so, you create a cycle that builds and builds upon itself with the seeds you are planting, and in the end it will come back to repay you.

So if you have something, give it a go, and at least at the end of the day be able to know that you didn't do something because you tried and you realized it wasn't for you, but who knows you might even find the passion and cause worth dedicating a lifetime to.

A quote I look at a lot when I've got doubts about what I'm doing and pursuing. Jhus wrote this to me awhile back, you may have also heard some of it in Coach Carter.


Our Deepest Fear
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear
is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness,
that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?
Actually who are we not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine as children do.
We were born to make manifest
the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And when we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

- Marianne Williamson





1 comments:

jHust said...

worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdddddd!!!