Oh man, this is it right here. The Manny Pacquiao/Oscar DelaHoya Fight is coming up on Dec.6, and this is gonna be huge. As a die hard sports fan, a Manny Pacquiao fight by far, easily, over the Warriors winning a championship, the Niners winning a superbowl, and the A's winning the World Series, is what I live for in sports. Nothing gets me more pumped up, inspired, nervous, jumpy, and proud than a PacMan fight. It's so crazy that when I look at him, and I see what he means and represents for me, that it feels very personal, but there are a hundred other million people in the Philippines that probably feel even feel it deeper than I do, as he carries a nation on his shoulders. Literally crime rates in the Philippines come to a grinding halt, the abu sayef rebels, and Philippine armed forced call a cease fire, when PacMan fights. That still blows my mind to this day, how he has transcended sport and has affected his country and dedicates his life to his people, and he will change the face of the Philippines in a major way in his lifetime. So combine that with the fact that people are calling this a mismatch with him having spent all of his career at such a lightweight in comparison with DelaHoya, and the history the two share, its shaping up to have a David vs. Goliath storyline.....I'm rollin with David!


So check out the first episode of HBO's documentary series 24/7 that documents both fighters training camps and lives leading up to the fight, it's well shot and creates intriguing story lines, ENJOY!

0 comments: