With writing a lot lately and gettin ready to put down a couple more tracks with DL this week, I really have wanted to pour all of my energy into the new creative process at home that I have all the time in the world for. Last night Mabeans was up in the bay with Miller and we rolled to DLs to have Beans put something down, as I think of Beans as someone who truly captures who they are when they play the keys, and I vibe with that so much. In all the talk and interactions and knowledge dropping of DL through the night, I learned another aspect of the music making side, one that requires a better knowledge of the technical aspects of music theory, and the use of music programs. I decided with just work and fam in my immediate priorities, I'm going to add music and music production to it, and I'm going to commit myself to learn as much as possible. Still being broke pretty much even after my first paycheck, I decided that in the inspiration of the night I was going to make a smart investment, that my money would eventually recover from, but I bought a keyboard. I really want to be able to produce a sound of my own, and this is a start and it even has pads to create some drums for a beat! Check it out

M-Audio Axiom 25 Keyboard MIDI Controller



Here's to making and producing and projecting myself out to the universe!!!

4 comments:

12FV, RFV said...

HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!!!

I say, whatever funds put into the production and the arts is well worth it, i think u know that.

Ive learned that a computer is essential, and we need not let these tiny obstacles get in our way if we have the bigger picture in mind. As for me, a good computer, maybe a second monitor, some new ram, expensive pens and a scanner is what im putting my money into these days.

stay up!

SuJ said...

pursuit it man! it makes me happy to know that there are people who are investing in their arts and passions. a beat, a song, a dance, a pencil, a computer, whatever it is, people pursue it.

makes us human, makes us love, makes us feel, makes us live.

Peter said...

legit purchase ray ray! I like how you're trying to to create your own sound. I think many producers these days just copy the current trend instead of making a name of themselves like Premier, Jay Dee and even Pharrell. I'm looking into hearing your new stuff.

START SOMETHING

my name is hj said...

i just got the tingles reading your post for some reason. i think it was more like a lighting blot of joy. seriously! it makes me so happy to hear how motivated you've been with your passion. keep on keepin on! i can't wait to here you tickle them bones :)