I'll be working 40plus hours these upcoming weeks, doing day camps and the normal after school program. Normally that would be such a pain in the butt, but i think with working that much, I've realized my personal barometer for if a job is right for me. This past week I'd come home exhausted, sticky, and dirtied up just like a 7 year old, from all the running around with kids on the blacktop being the "all time QB" for football, being the monster in hot lava, constantly being "it" and having every single kid call timeout when i'm about to tag them, kids jumping on my back, grabbin onto any free appendage and holding on for dear life, and any other child like hi jinks in general. But the one thing i don't come back home is mentally tired, or in a bad mood, i feel the opposite, refreshed and rejuvenated. Man, I'm not sure if it's in all of us, or maybe i'll just always be supremely immature, and have the instincts to just run around and yell nonsense, but I LOVE BEING A 25 YEAR OLD KID, and I WILL make that my livelihood, in addition to helping others keep that youthfulness and never losing sight of it.

-some writings on a peaceful reflective sunday-
it were the moments

conversations tradin useless information
layin clutched to the security while my world turned insecurely
our silence kept me reflecting just enough to question the circumstances,
yet tryin the best to relish it
sometimes speakin just to reinforce my presence
then realizing your moment was being savored
no lapses no freeze frames, no tunnel vision of being the only people in each others universe
it was the ordinary me, being treated ordinarily,
rockin imperfections, the subtleties that made symmetry
still knowing in the big picture, our frame didn't fit,
as the comfort padded my struggles
some sort of reliance, and the net possessed
i swooned too many times and you bounced me back onto my feet
but i wonder if you even ever knew
the beauty in your oblivion,
to the deeds that kept me tugged upon your boat,
the same innocence
that released and left me on my own to float
wished my world for the splendor of this one to herself be received
but its that same reception
thats leading you away from me
so i made choice
begrudgingly pressing delete, wiping confliction from my face
to be able to search for next at the cost of one last gash from a double edged blade
and days passed, purgin from the prior
findin out, what's there to blame
if she's finding her way, the splendor upon herself in display,
its tuggin at my heartstrings to wish to be involved
but as the world turns, its my turn to step away and revolve,
confident your issues are well on their way to resolved,
and i'll be we on my way as long as i trust my resolve.

some progressive music i'm diggin lately, Way Out West.




1 comments:

SuJ said...

i think to be able to feel vitalized after a 40hr week, especially mentally, is truly a blessing. i think you've definitely found something that resonates with who you are and what your passion is. i sure u'll drop as much knowledge on them as you have to me.

man, a job where you come home happy and pumping with creative juices, thats truly life.