ish is getting Caaraaaazy

so as if Marfa wasn't dope enough
it just got a notch crazier.

Last night the art party that the girls went to
had a DJ and a performer who sang, and then came out
in an alter ego and sang as well. 

So today while Mariana and I were chillin in the RV
waiting for Nicole and Claire to get back
3 people stopped by the RV and came in, and said hi.
Kara, Mikey, and Joe introduced themselves
and told us how much they dug the RV and the whole
Roadtrip Nation movement. 

As we started talking more, Mikey told us that he was a
DJ, Dj Jester, The Filipino Fist, that's when it clicked
and the madness started.

DJ Jester, the Filipino Fist was someone I was looking up
to interview in Austin for the South by Southwest festival, 
and here he is in the middle of nowhere Texas, walking into 
our RV and giving us props.

It turns out that Kara his friend who he did the show with 
the night before got hooked up with him because she went to 
school with the world renowned DJ Kid Koala, and they were 
introduced with each other. This in itself hyped me up beyond
i could contain myself in front of them because I love the
fact that many roads are connected and art and beautiful works
are made simply by the friends that you know, and know are 
quality people. 

But Mikey goes on to talk about his story, applying for
the oscar meyer weinermobile, driving the boca burger mobile, telling
us about touring with bands, Kid Koala
MGMT, Montreal, and then gives us his info
and tells us to call him and we can use his place and shower, and I 
let him know I would love to interview him, and the man is so humble
and eagerly obliges. The whole time he is taking pics of the RV.
Turns out he'll be performing at South by Southwest with Sage Francis
too, just one of the craziest emcees out there to me. 

As we pose outside the RV for pictures, I remember Kara talking about how
she couldn't perform as her alter ego character at South by Southwest
cause she got into the festival only able to perform as one act. So I throw out 
there, "You should perform as her on our RV in Austin". Then Mikey runs with
the idea and says hell bring all his equipment out and we can use our generator
and turn the RV into a venue! Bam! what the heezy just happened is what im thinking
how did stuff escalate into this excellence!? Later after the team spoke about it
they want Mariana and me to do a little something too, so that just added even more to 
the madness...it's crazy how it all happened just a little bit after I was telling
Mariana how I thought our dreams were gonna be fully realized in Austin. 

I'm still in disbelief...

4 comments:

12FV, RFV said...

sickkkkkkkk!!!

ma said...

i like the way you told this story..

Phil said...

Austin better be ready for you and Mariana!! I guess anything can happen when you put your mind to it...

& you just gotta believe.

jHust said...

worrrrrrrrrd