hey, so were now stuck in Missouri officially but inside Junior now at least. Hopefully we can reschedule the Wisconsin event for Wednesday and make a mad dash tomorrow if Junior gets repaired. But also I spoke to Mom today, and it was an hour long talk and it brought me back to earth about not getting so caught up on the road that I forget whats going on at home. I realized just how much Mom still is grieving and that her heart is broken, and that other issues in me, my sister, and my brother's lives also add to all of it. But I promised Mom that we will get through this and that well come together and show her she's not alone, and deal with this cause were all that we've got. 


My heart aches for the woman in despair
a complicated context
compounded by layers of crosses crossing into complex
my heart aches for that women in despair
hoping to find hope in her tears
but 4 walls say cant oblige, memories still sear
attempt to step in shoes, and try to peer
into the windows of a glass house 
shattered to a million shards
attempting for peace, piece by piece
my heart aches for the woman  in despair
its less than baby steps, 
its less than a day at a time, 
its every single waking moment
minus
your life's essential component
my heart aches for the woman in despair
the air you breathe
is the very curse that leaves you in need
last we spoke
i linked your streaming sorrows
to those of my own
those walls broke down 
if only for a glimpse
as the grief still smolders
please, rest your cross square on my shoulders
its a burden we both can share
til my heart no longer aches for the woman in despair




2 comments:

omabu said...

nice post ray. beautiful poem

ma said...

i like that.