we're like tom hanks in the terminal, except it's a Whole Foods in Kansas. I needed to do something to make me feel at home, and writing out a little freestyle stream of consciousness will do it for sure.

wrote to Sage Francis' going back to rehab instrumental


trapped in my own waiting, aimless
the pictures within sight but its frameless
names ray but in the moment im nameless
keep the namesake, for afraid's sake
to wake the patterns way,
it my disserta
tion, of amalgamation
pieces put together
hodgepodge of troubles
rolled into a batter,
to strike out the next batter
who pretends to matter,
image is a leech
so i extend to flatter
privilege served on a silver platter
h'orderves, nerves, unsteady footing
a hug to pull in, but its all pushing
forces of the north, boarding up our travels
build up or break down, gear up or unravel
ill gear up and place it on the mantle
use em as battle scars, and you can excuse it as why your so fragile
the pounding of a gavel, unloosens my saddle,
unhinges my spurs, but refuse to be rattled
i've been through too much
got back pops at my back riding gallant, got oats to sew
full speed ahead, crack that whip, while dads yellin Tally Ho!
so, I don't really see another option,
my visions focused, forward and onward
its action time, with a lot left to ponder
so don't presume i'm lost just because i wander.

1 comments:

ma said...

ooh i really like this one. go vocab!!! woowooowowowooo

sew = sow

i used the term steadier footing recently too. woot.