While Mom, Ate, Kuya, Willa, all spent Easter together today and went to the family party, I went to Easter mass @ St. James Cathedral in Seattle. Going into the huge cathedral I was really able to contemplate and find that inner peace, and center myself and really start gearing up for the big push once I get back. I was able to analyze what's important to me, and what in my life holds me important, and I need to give those passions/loved ones that in return. While I was in my head two things caught my ear while I was in contemplation that completely felt like words God and Dad were speaking to me in order for me to step up my game in life.

First I heard the priest say, "It's not about avoiding conflict, It's about bulding bridges
and connecting to those who we don't understand or do not get along with."

Right after he said, "It's not about being passively tranquil, It's about an active service and love to others."

The first was important to me in that, on this roadtrip some of us have had issues with us to say the least, but I've learned on this trip because o
f those issues, that in life I can't just avoid conflict and disagreements for the sake of harmony, as I've experienced that with my own interests falling by the wayside and disregarded. I've also learned that when I disagree with someone I can't just disregard the other person but I have to make that effort to understand why we have those differences and where they stem from, and it's up to me to build that bridge and extend a hand. I used that concept just tonight in a tense moment on the RV tonight, and it worked like clockwork, and made me feel as though I had a breakthrough with one of my fellow roadies. The second was important in that, I feel like in life, though I sit back and to love to observe life, I haven't contributed enough, and have been content to sit back and tell myself i'm ok since I haven't been causing any trouble, but I've realized I've been equipped with gifts, and blessed from the big guy upstairs with tools to help folks, and be a change in this world, and it's time I start steppin it up, and not always just fulfilling m\y own interests, and being fueled in life strictly by those.

After church I met up with the team and we spent Easter around Seattle, and visited this crazy looking wall with gum all over it, peep it. Also, I've finalized the ink I'll be getting, only I'm not sure if I'll be getting it done here on the road, or wait til I get back. Til the next entry, Peace.

1 comments:

SuJ said...

i think you make an interesting distinction between pseudo-harmony and true tranquility. Pseudo-harmony is the fear of disruption, while tranquility is that state of peace we all strive for.

i'm glad it seems like you're making strides towards the latter.